Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Good Citizenship Thoughts from a 10 Year Old....

I want to thank each of you who commented on Son #1's thoughts about being a good citizen, and assure you that I'll address your comments when I write this from my point of view later this week.

Today has been our Independence Day celebration and we've mostly been lazing around not doing much, but I'm finally coming back to share the things that Son #2 thinks are key points of being a good citizen. Please keep in mind, he's 10 years old.

What does The Artist think makes a good citizen?

Recycling. Not making a racket when your neighbors are trying to sleep. Playing with little kids. Respecting the dead. 
Short list, simple things, nothing to in depth but again he strikes right to the heart of the matter -- being a good citizen is kind of like being a good neighbor and treating others as you'd wish to be treated.

I think for a ten year old boy he's got a decent beginning, wouldn't you agree?

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by! I welcome comments of all sorts and viewpoints, but I do have moderation enabled so I can avoid the word verification. I will post everything, but it won't show up right away. Thanks for reading & commenting; I look forward to hearing what you have to say!